embroidered photo and shrinky dink ornament: a gift idea

 Now that my uncles have received their Christmas gifts from me I thought I would share what I made them. I had them send me a few of their favorite photographs and then I chose one to embroider. Their dog is a chihuahua and corgi mix (mixed who knows what else) and so has a funny but adorable look about him. The embroidered photo captures him fairly well.
 I also made a silhouette of  him for one of their ornament trees. They have a small tree just for dog ornaments so I thought this would fit in well. Although shrinky dinks were fairly popular while I was growing up, I don't remember ever making them at home. It was neat to watch the ornament shrink and flex in oven.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 22, 2015 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply